Honors and Awards
Mr. Penchansky and Mr. Whisler have been involved in the design of five AIA Award winning projects, four of which are public libraries, and two library projects have received design awards from the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) of North America. Additionally, they have been involved in the design of two library projects that have been published on the cover of American Libraries and Library Journal’s annual issues devoted to showcasing new library building construction.
- Design Award AIA Huron Valley Chapter: Commerce Township Community Library, 2017
- Build Michigan Award, Association of General Contractors: Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Headquarters Building 2, 2017
- Design Award AIA Huron Valley Chapter: Ferndale Public Library, 2011
- Green Project of the Year, Honorable Mention, Construction Association of Michigan: Ferndale Public Library, 2010
- Design Award AIA Huron Valley Chapter: Glasser/Ehrlich Residence, 2004
- AIA Huron Valley Chapter Hopkins Award for distinguished service to the chapter: Seth Penchansky, 2008
- AIA Huron Valley Chapter Emerging Architect Award: Seth Penchansky, 2005
- American Institute of Architecture Students Community Leader Award, University of Michigan Taubman College of Architecture & UP: Daniel E. Whisler, 2005
- AIA Huron Valley Chapter Young Architect Award: Daniel E. Whisler, 2003
- As Senior Associates of David Milling & Associates / Architects *(DMA), Seth Penchansky and Daniel E. Whisler served as Project Manager / Project Architects for the following projects recognized with honors
- Design Award AIA Huron Valley Chapter: Ypsilanti District Library—Whittaker Road Library, 2004
- Design Award AIA Huron Valley Chapter: Kalamazoo Public Library – Central, 2002
- Design Award AIA Michigan: Kalamazoo Public Library – Oshtemo Branch, 2001
- Design Award Illuminating Engineering Society: Kalamazoo Public Library – Central
- Design Award Illuminating Engineering Society: Oxford Township Public Library
Ferndale Public Library:
- “Gone Green – Ferndale Public Library” DTE Energy Smarts of Michigan, Winter 2011, Pages 10-11.
Kalamazoo Public Library, Central Library:
- American Libraries, April 1999, Cover, “Contents” page, and page 66.
- Architectural Lighting, May/June 1999, Pages 44-46.
- CAM Magazine, November 1999.
- CONTRACT Magazine, June 2000.
Ypsilanti District Library, Whittaker Road Library:
- Library Journal, December 2002, Cover, Pages 42-53.